Introduction About KEMA
The Legislative Instrument (LI) that establish Kwabre East District Assembly is LI 1894. The District is made up of eleven (11) decentralized Departments as provided by the Local Government Service Act 656 of 2003.The Kwabre East Municipality was part of the former Kwabre District, which was carved out of the former Kwabre Sekyere District in 1988. It became Kwabre East District after the creation of Afigya Kwabre District in 2008. It has been upgraded into a Municipality status recently (November, 2017) by LI 2265. It is located almost at the central portion of the Ashanti region. It is within latitudes 60 45’ and 6050’ North and longitudes 10 30’ and 1035’ West. The District in the National and Regional contexts are shown in figures I and II respectively.
OUR CORE VALUES
The Core values of the Municipal are the same as that of the Local Government Service Secretariat. This including Accountability, Client –oriented, creativity, Diligence, Discipline, Equity, Integrity, Innovativeness, Loyalty, Commitment, Anonymity, Impartiality, Permanence, Timeliness and Transparency.
These core values guide beliefs about how things should be done and serve as a compass for actions and to make vision a reality
- Client- oriented
FUNCTIONS OF THE MUNICIPALITY
The Assembly is there to perform the following functions among others:
- Ensure the preparation and submission through the Regional Coordinating Council, development plans and budgets of the District to the Finance for approval.
- Formulate and execute plans, programmes and strategies for the effective mobilization of resources necessary for the overall development of the District.
- Promote and support productive activity and social development in the District and remove any obstacle to initiative and development.
- Initiate programmes for the development of basic infrastructure and provide municipal works and services in the District.
- In co-operation with the appropriate national and local security agencies are responsible for the maintenance of security and public safety in the District.
- Ensure ready access to courts in the District for the promotion of justice.
- Initiate, sponsor or carry out such studies as may be necessary for the discharge of any of the functions conferred by Act 462 and any other enactment.
DEPARTMENTS AT THE MUNICIPAL
- Central Administration
- Social Welfare and Community Development
- Physical (Town & Country) Planning
- National Disaster Management Organization
- Forestry, Wildlife and Natural Resource Conservation
- Urban Roads
- Other specialized Units of the Assembly include
- Birth and Death Registry
- Information Services
- National Commission for Civic Education (NCCE)
- Non Formal Education Division (NFED)
- Commission on Human Right and Administrative Justice (CHRAJ)
- Electoral Commission
- Ghana Police Service
- Ghana National Fire Service.
- Ghana Immigration Service
- The Judicial Service ( District Court)
- National Service Scheme (NSS)
- National Health Insurance Authority ( NHIA)
- Youth Employment Agency ( YEA)
- Centre For National Culture
- Rent Control